Dr. Melanie C. Schlatter
PhD (psych, NZ), PGDipHlthPsych, MSc (phal) PGDipRehab, DipGrad (psych), BSc (psych)
PO Box 450528 Dubai, UAE
Mobile: + 971 50 10 30 822
Fax: +971 6 74 73 620
Health psychologists are familiar with a wide range of psychological problems and extraneous circumstances that can affect a healthy individual in the short and long term, as well as major diseases and medical conditions (e.g., cancer, diabetes, asthma and respiratory disease, cardiovascular disease, chronic pain and obesity), and the psychological outcomes and management of these conditions. I successfully help children, teenagers, and adults on all aspects of health and coping with illness.
I also work closely with their physicians, families and loved ones as needed. Much of my work involves: health education; stress management programmes (including a focus on self care and development); helping with the initial shock of a disease diagnosis; coping with medical treatments (eg., fear of MRI scans, chemotherapy, surgery) and tests (eg., needle phobias, biopsies); coping with anxiety, panic attacks, depression, adjustment disorders, changes in body image (eg., through loss or deformity of a body part), over reliance on food or harmful substances, and coping with emotions; helping improve and maintain treatment adherence; enhancing communication with physicians and families; day-to-day coping strategies (eg., sleep, diet, exercise); and training in relaxation and visualization.
Dubai Physiotherapy & Family Medicine Clinic
New Zealand run and with Kiwi practicioners, the Dubai Physiotherapy & Family Medicine Clinic is located in the clinic Town Centre, Jumeirah. Contact: 04 3496333
Chiropodist / Podiatrist
FSSCh MSSCh BCPA DipPodMed
Kersten Elliot graduated from The SAME Institute in England in 2001. She is a Fellow of the British Chiropody and Podiatry Association and registered with the Health Professions Council in England. She owned and managed a busy Chiropody/Podiatry private practice based near Farnham, Survey as well as working in several GP Clinics.
Kersten is able to offer treatments for the following at the clinic:
- Nail conditions including infections, ingrowing toenails, onchogryphosis etc.
- Nail reconstruction as a result of nail damage through trauma or infection.
- Nail treatment of verucae using various different treatment methods such as cryosurgery, silver nitrate, salisylic acid etc.
- Patients suffering from painful corns, calluses, mortons neuroma, bunions, skin disorders etc.
- High risk patients suffering from systemic disorders e.g. diabetes, vascular disease, rheumatoid conditions, neurological ailments and musculo-skeletal abnormalities.
- Advice and guidance on all aspects of footwear to help alleviate discomfort and improve function.
- Foot injuries: plantar fascittis, Achilles tendonitis, metatarsalgia, shin splints.
- Biomechanics and gait analysis: Computerised gait analysis using the latest technology to improve foot function/performance.
Kersten ran weekly diabetic clinics at the local general practitioners surgery and community clinics catering for the elderly, diabetic or those living with restricting conditions such as Parkinson’s disease amongst others.
Kersten is fully qualified to carry out full biomechanical assessments and prescribe orthotics. Involving a clinical assessment and using laser scanning to analyze gait and sports injuries, she custom manufactures orthotics to suit your specific requirement.
Sohar ENT Clinic
Office 1009,B block,Sheikh Zayed Road
Ph: 04 3465262
Dr. John McEwan 050 901 4083
Dr. Nicola Ford
Cooper Health Clinic
Motor City Location
T: 04 431 0120
Apex Atrium, main Motor City Street
GP / Family Medicine Specialist